Reserved lanes for public transport: Gran Vía street, Reyes Católicos street, Acera del Darro, Avenida de la Constitución, Avenida de Pulianas, Ancha de Capuchinos, Avenida del Hospicio, Avenida de Andalucía, etc.
In Granada City, to improve a better public urban and intercity bus working, there are buses lanes.This lanes are reserved to urban and intercity buses, and allows taxis and authorized vehicles( as emergency or oficial) to pass.
To protect these bus lanes, there have been installed number plate capture cameras that generate traffic fines during its working hours (from 7:30 to 22:00).
Map of Bus Lanes
See Bus lanes in a larger map
Bus lanes with cameras reading number plates
- Gran Vía de Colón, in Isabel la Católica square direction
- Reyes Católicos, both senses of circulation
- Acera del Darro, Puerta Real direction, rigth lane to Puente Castañeda, left lane to Ángel Ganivet St.
- Avenida de la Constitución, both senses of circulation
- Albert Einstein, rigth side in descending direction from Fuente Nueva
- Avenida de Pulianas - Ancha de Capuchinos
- Avenida del Hospicio, descending direction, between Ancha de Capuchinos and Avenida Constitución
- Paseo del Violón, direction city center, between Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada street and Rotary square
- Juan Pablo II ave, direction city center, from Casería de Aguirre to Ribera del Beiro
- Camino de Alfacar - Paseo de Cartuja, direction city center, between Julio Moreno Dávila and Cardenal Parrado
From 7:30 to 22:00 hours, everyday.
Vehicles authorized to use bus lanes:
- Public Urban Buses
- Public Intercity Buses
- Emergency and police vehicles
- Other vehicles( previously authorized): services, official, residents or customers of hotels affected by bus lanes( if there is no alternative way ),etc.
You can download a PDF application form in the Forms section of the ranada City Council home page.